Set of 4 bolts.
High tensile 10.9 grade carbon steel alloy wheel studs / bolts for Hobby caravans. If like me you have ever lost or broken one of your caravans' wheel bolts, then rang up Hobby Spares UK - you would of been in for a shock! Hobby UK are selling their standard replacement bolts for £14 each (plus p & p).
That is over £55 for a set of four wheel bolts!
Wheel/bolt combination rules:
* Alloy wheels - 13", 14" & 15" rims. Use conical (cone) type stud bolts.
* Steel wheels - 13" & 14" rims. Use conical (cone) type stud bolts.
* Steel wheels - 15" rims. Use spherical type stud bolts.
If your caravan has 15" steel wheel rims, these bolts will not fit your wheels.
* I have sourced these bolts from Germany and use them myself on my Hobby VIP 645 2015.
* The bolt torque setting for all Hobby van alloy wheels is: 120Nm / 88.5ft-lb.
* The bolt torque setting for all Hobby van steel wheels is: 110Nm / 81.13ft-lb.
* Use a good quality torque wrench to check your caravan wheel bolts and check the bolts on a flat even surface.
* When replacing a wheel on your caravan, it is recommended that you check the torque of the wheel bolts again after around 50km/30miles of driving.
* Re-check the torque of all wheel bolts every 5000km/3100miles or at least once a year.
top of page